Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Lonex Titan A1 or A2? Let's hear your opinoins

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 10th, 2012, 12:28   #1
winterrises

Lonex Titan A1 or A2? Let's hear your opinoins

I'm currently building up my first rifle from scratch and I'm torn between the lonex titan A1 and A2 motors. From what i have read, A1 is a balanced motor while the A2 is a torque motor. However, people seem to be getting random performance like the A2 winning the A1 motor in terms of speed. I'll be running the motor will 13:1 gears and a 11.1v lipo, I'm aimming for a quick trigger response and having an efficient electrical system. Maybe you guys could share your setup and experiences with them or an alternative to the A1/A2 motors.
Thanks
winterrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 14:49   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

All the first hand accounts I've been reading are that there's probably not that much of a significant difference between the 2... maybe 10% more efficiency with the A2 but that's being generous. Both motors are super torquey and super fast, unless you're building a super high speed 30+rps build, I don't think your 1-2 rps difference between the 2 will really make much of a difference.

I'd say most people who are installing a lonex motor (myself included) will never tune their guns to meet what the full potential the lonex will achieve.

Stick a 20c lipo on it and it will pull any canadian field legal spring all day long with power to spare at the end of the day. Just becareful of <110 springs. Getting a lonex powered gun to shoot <350fps will start to get tricky because they turn so bloody fast and hard.

My p90 runs a 16:1 gearset with a A1 on a 11.1v 20c lipo 1800mah and it will shoot maybe 2400 rounds easy. 395+/-5 with .2s at 30rps.

My g36 runs a 13:1 gearset with a titan A1 on a 11.1v 25c 1600mah lipo. I have not completely finished field testing this gun. But it chronos 385-390 with .2s at 34rps.

I can get probably another 2-3rps out of both setups if I took a dremel to my piston assembly and swisscheesed them, but I'm not terribly interested in the process as I'm happy with the performance as is.

Both guns run guarder sp110 springs.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 22:15   #3
winterrises

Thanks alot. Would like to have more opinions on the motors and people's setups.
Old November 10th, 2012, 22:27   #4
iKliiu

The A1 is great motor. Mine was running at 38 RPS with 13:1s and a 11.1 2650 Mah, and didn't even heat up at all. I suggest shortstroking if you using a 11.1 LiPo though, pre-engagement is a big issue.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 22:42   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

actually I think I get overspin more than pre-engagement... sometimes it'll do 2 shots, but mainly 1 shot on semi.

The cycle is probably closer to 1.2 cycles per semi lol The motor just spins like the tasmanian devil.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 23:36   #6
iKliiu

The SHS steel cut off levers fixes overspin sometimes, as it is triggered earlier than normal cut off levers.

Lonex motors also have a stronger magnets when compared to other ACM motors. They're as strong as Systema magnets.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 13:31   #7
MaciekA

(posted a response to the above here, realized he was talking about cutoff lever and not the ARL. My bad!)

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 13:33   #8
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKliiu View Post
The SHS steel cut off levers fixes overspin sometimes, as it is triggered earlier than normal cut off levers.
Just wanted to raise a flag that I've had some compatibility problems with putting the SHS cutoff levers in some gearboxes -- mainly fitment of the screw. I've tried modifying with a dremel with no luck

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 13:41   #9
winterrises

well, Im working with an SRC 8mm gearbox. Will that have any issues?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications