Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Where to get 6mm steel (0.88g) BB's?

:

General

Old September 7th, 2006, 15:29   #1
sukivan

Where to get 6mm steel (0.88g) BB's?

Before I get flamed, yes I know these are not for use in games. I'm not stupid. :-D

I tried emailing Monty's Miniguns but I have not received a response. Is there a Canadian retailer who stocks 6mm steel BB's?
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 15:47   #2
SKI

Army Issue has a few bags of 100 6mm metal bb's .85g. He's asking $2.00 a bag. If you're interested, PM him or check out his thread in the gear section.
Old September 7th, 2006, 16:44   #3
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Just outa curiosity what would these things do to a guns internals?
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:54   #4
Man Solo

Send a message via MSN to Man Solo
nevermind that...what gun could push these at more than 75fps?

Paying also sufficent attention to third personell.
Man Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 08:50   #5
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Solo
nevermind that...what gun could push these at more than 75fps?
Wasn't there a C02 vulcan minigun that shot them at extrememly insane FPS and managed to make a TV light on fire with a few thousand shots?
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:00   #6
Amos

That TV was rigged up to something, My and my friend have shot TV's before... Only with .22's out on his farm... The TV (even if plugged in) won't start on fire. It'll smoke due to the phospherous imbedded in the screen mixing with the gasses in the tubes.. But that's about it.

If you watch that video on Youtube, You can see that they had poured some flamable thing inside it.. Because half way through the fire strarts dripping out.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 14:46   #7
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos
That TV was rigged up to something, My and my friend have shot TV's before... Only with .22's out on his farm... The TV (even if plugged in) won't start on fire. It'll smoke due to the phospherous imbedded in the screen mixing with the gasses in the tubes.. But that's about it.

If you watch that video on Youtube, You can see that they had poured some flamable thing inside it.. Because half way through the fire strarts dripping out.
Couldn't the BBs have just hit a compasitor, then it caused a fire, lighting some of the plastic on fire, then having the plastic drip while still on fire?

I mean... burning plastic does drip burning little fireballs of plastic.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 15:35   #8
trufret

Send a message via ICQ to trufret Send a message via MSN to trufret
could be the insane amount of friction from a constant streem of bb got hot enough to ignite something

My OLD BUY/SELL Rating

Site Admin: Windsor Airsoft Club
trufret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 16:42   #9
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
how about find a working link of the vid and we can get a better Idea?
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 16:51   #10
TrueTGN

Send a message via MSN to TrueTGN
YouTube - Airsoft Minigun
TrueTGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 17:24   #11
Jake

Another link with some very high quality videos, and specs of this minigun:
http://www.xcalibertactical.com/products/minigun.html

Impressive, and obviously could be deadly in the wrong hands.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 17:29   #12
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Quote:

Couldn't the BBs have just hit a compasitor, then it caused a fire, lighting some of the plastic on fire, then having the plastic drip while still on fire?

If you watch the vid, The fire POURS out... I know what burning plastic drips like, But it's like the TV was filled with gasoline or something of the sort, and when there was a hole where it could drip out it does, and it spreads down quickly and starts burning the table the TV is on and the chair.

But.. That's really all besides the point. That Mini-gun is fucking awesome. Regardless of weither or not it can catch a TV on fire, It's still punching holes into THICK glass.
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 00:57   #13
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Quote:

If you watch the vid, The fire POURS out... I know what burning plastic drips like, But it's like the TV was filled with gasoline or something of the sort, and when there was a hole where it could drip out it does, and it spreads down quickly and starts burning the table the TV is on and the chair.

But.. That's really all besides the point. That Mini-gun is fucking awesome. Regardless of weither or not it can catch a TV on fire, It's still punching holes into THICK glass.
that i saw too, but the flammable substance (gasoline or whatnot) must have had an ignition source, maybe some sparks?

Using aluminum BBs might have eased the fire starting process too because metal is a better heat and electrical conductor than plastic.

the company that made these guns has a full range of custom guns as good as the minigun but the site name just escapes me
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:39   #14
Raben

Call you local ball-bearing manufacturer - they have ballbearings is the most common sizes - also 6mm.

/Raben
Raben is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General