Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A Bad Sign?

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2009, 17:20   #1
HeadlessChicken

A Bad Sign?

Got an order coming in from EHobby. Placed the order on Dec 18 and thanks to the shipping update I got from EHobby, I now see that its "Pending customs inspection" since Dec 21. This a bad sign that this has been at the boarder for 3 weeks?
I ordered a battery, a bag of BBs, and a G36 hand guard so nothing restricted.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
Old January 16th, 2009, 17:24   #2
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

alot of stuff that arrived close to Christmas is taking forever, I have some parts that arrived Dec. 20th and are still in customs, according to cpost, funny tho, I had other parts show up that were shipped after that time as well.
Old January 16th, 2009, 17:31   #3
M_P

Canada Post also has a nasty habit of putting arbitrary 3-week holds on anything that looks remotely scary. It's happened to me a few times before.
Old January 16th, 2009, 17:31   #4
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

I had a package arrive today that was in customs for two weeks...UNOPENED. relax you have nothing to worrry about.

Last edited by ex; January 16th, 2009 at 17:33..
Old January 16th, 2009, 17:36   #5
Drake
E-01

Man, I guess I've been lucky. My goretex boots got here in record time a couple of weeks ago (from the US), as did a couple of other small packages (including one from eHobby).
Old January 16th, 2009, 18:32   #6
HeadlessChicken

Its too bad they won't give me a break on duties for holding the package for so long...*sigh* 1 can only dream!
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
Old January 16th, 2009, 18:35   #7
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
Its too bad they won't give me a break on duties for holding the package for so long...*sigh* 1 can only dream!
Even though it's still in Customs hands does not mean your going to get nailed with Tax and handling charges...Mine didn't.
Old January 26th, 2009, 17:28   #8
HeadlessChicken

*sigh* Emailed CBSA asking about the package, they directed me to CP since its in their hands. Now CP says I need to contact the shipper to open an inquiry into the package...WTF, does this mean someone piled up all the post christmas shit on top of mine and it's probably lost in a pile of packages now?
Old January 26th, 2009, 17:32   #9
kalnaren

Quote:
*sigh* Emailed CBSA asking about the package, they directed me to CP since its in their hands. Now CP says I need to contact the shipper to open an inquiry into the package...WTF, does this mean someone piled up all the post christmas shit on top of mine and it's probably lost in a pile of packages now?
It means noone has a f**king clue where it is. In my experience CP is usless when it comes to lost packages.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old January 26th, 2009, 17:34   #10
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
the sender needs to initiate a trace on the package, the receiver cannot do this, good luck tho
Old January 26th, 2009, 17:37   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I ordered a scarf from the UK back in the begining of Nov thinking it would be right on time for Christmas, it just arrived today. Even though it was lost once prior to arriving to Canada and in customs for 3 weeks before being released and lost again, it eventually found its way here. Ordering from other countries is a paitence game unless you are interested in paying for overnight shipping. Adding insurance when available is also a little bit of a help. Atleast that way you can make a claim if things go missing and never turn up.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old February 3rd, 2009, 19:20   #12
HeadlessChicken

AH HA, FINALLY BEEN RELEASED. I missed the delivery guy today though but I'm finding it odd that on the delivery card, no customs charges. Wondering if the delivery person was too damn lazy to write down the charges.
Old February 5th, 2009, 18:29   #13
cranium_bear

Send a message via MSN to cranium_bear
my gas (tokyo marui gunpowder) is still in customs. been there for months. ill probably never get it.
Old February 5th, 2009, 18:39   #14
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
AH HA, FINALLY BEEN RELEASED. I missed the delivery guy today though but I'm finding it odd that on the delivery card, no customs charges. Wondering if the delivery person was too damn lazy to write down the charges.

Maybe because there WERE no charges.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old February 5th, 2009, 18:40   #15
LUTNIT

Of the many dozens of orders I have placed from outside the country, I have never had a package held by customs for more than 2 days, guess I'm lucky.

Then again I also had a package with a $140 battery charger go "missing" AFTER being loaded onto the truck for delivery. I also keep getting delivery notice cards directing me to pickup the item at a postal outlet on the complete other side of town, it shows up as the 7th closest postal outlet when I do a search on the Canada Post website. To date I have received 3 of these mysterious cards and each time there is no package at that post office. I am also not missing any packages as of late.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank