Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to airsoft: Need assistance

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 14th, 2016, 07:43   #16
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
Siege and Ultimate airsoft have rental guns (usually basic M4's or MP5's) that you can use, but aside from that you'll need to go to a retail shop and hold the guns in person if you are looking to find whats comfortable for you.

I'd also suggest looking at chest rigs with MOLLE on them, you'll probably appreciate the flexibility of being able to configure the pouches exactly how you want them.
Yeah, I'll try to head over to a retailer when I get some time this week. Also, funny enough, my backpack (5.11 Tactical 3 Day Rush) is MOLLE, so I know and appreciate the system. The amount of stuff I can attach to it is stupid.
Blitzninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 19:56   #17
SuperCriollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzninja View Post
I work on Saturdays so I can't sorry. I am open for Sunday though!
Yeah, I can do Sundays. Its been a while since I go to a game so Im getting the shakes due to airsoft withdrawal lol

PM if you wanna go this sunday, Ive got enough gear and guns for 3 people xD

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 00:19   #18
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
I'm used to spending multiple hundreds of dollars on stuff XD and I've been trying to translate my 'learning curve' experience over to airsoft buying.
When it comes to the cost of gear, the idiom "you get what you pay for" pretty much holds true. For the most part North-American brands are more expensive, higher quality, and come with warranty. Asia brands are cheaper, sometimes use lesser materials and are hit and miss.

When it comes to gear manufactured overseas, try to inspect/buy them in-person if that's an option. I'm sure if you dig around the forums you will find a list of recommended brands. Me personally, I've had good luck with Flyye gear.

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 20:34   #19
Red62

My order of purchasing things is this:

Good, comfortable eye protection
Rifle (would be cheaper than pistols, but that's only suggestion (I personally started with pistols))
Gloves
Good, comfortable boots
Knee pads
Chest rig or Belt rig
Hydration pack
Elbow pad
Rubber Training Knife
Airsoft Grenade
Tac light
Belt rig or chest rig if you haven't gotten one or the other.
Accessories for primary
Pistol if haven't

Personally, with the years I've been playing, you can do whatever you really want: support systems, scouting systems or combat systems. I personally have support and scouting systems.
**Certified Tornado Tech**Will fix your guns for food and BBs**
Red62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 10:36   #20
Blitzninja

Update: Finally had the chance to go to Siege Airsoft yesterday. All I have to say is that was so much fun; definitely continuing to play; one cheeky bastard decided to slide sideways on the floor and put 30 rounds into me :P.

Issues I ran into:
- Glasses either fogging up or being covered in sweat, this stopped me from nailing at least 3 people.
- Magazine - Spring Failure; I would like better mags that require less continuous winding if possible, if not it's fine.
- Vest + Stock stopping me from being able to use the Iron Sights properly.
- Half-Trigger Lock: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=25310 , I need to train myself better.

One person there recommended I get custom Smith Optics goggles with prescription lenses; right now I am looking at these http://www.smithoptics.com/ca/Root/M...p/OTWTBBK14-2R (he recommended the tan ones). Can someone recommend a good mouth mesh (saw people at Siege wearing them)?

So, time to go shopping.

Update2: Looking for a good, somewhat inexpensive VFC M4/HK416 series with a full RIS and sub 380fps (SA field limit) (or maybe an M14?) right now, if someone has recommendations for Toronto region, would be appreciated.

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 22nd, 2016 at 14:03..
Old September 22nd, 2016, 15:29   #21
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Come south to port Credit in Mississauga I can help you with your gear requirements and give you some pointers.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 16:15   #22
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

- Glasses either fogging up or being covered in sweat, this stopped me from nailing at least 3 people.

You might want to look into thermal lenses/goggles. I personally cant use anything except JT spectra goggles because I'll fog everything else. Then again, Siege has terrible air circulation... its always hot as fuck there.

- Magazine - Spring Failure; I would like better mags that require less continuous winding if possible, if not it's fine.

Sounds like highcaps. Ditch the highcaps and look for good quality mid-cap mags.

- Vest + Stock stopping me from being able to use the Iron Sights properly.

Visit Jeroon, he'll hook you up.

Looking for a good, somewhat inexpensive VFC M4/HK416 series with a full RIS and sub 380fps (SA field limit) (or maybe an M14?) right now, if someone has recommendations for Toronto region, would be appreciated.

Go for the VFC VR16 series. They usually run 350 bucks... afaik that is VFC's cheapest offering. Otherwise, scower the classifieds, thats where I got an amazing deal on mine!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 22:20   #23
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
Go for the VFC VR16 series. They usually run 350 bucks... afaik that is VFC's cheapest offering. Otherwise, scower the classifieds, thats where I got an amazing deal on mine![/COLOR]
I got at shorter barrel VFC VR16 at Mach1Airsoft today. With it I got:
- Red Dot Sight + Protector
- Vertical Grip
- LiPo + Charger
- Sling strap
- Spare mag (total 2: mid-cap 140 rounds, no wind spring)
- Mag speed loader
- 5000 0.25g BBs
Total: $695

The gun itself was only $400. I know I probably went overboard (fanned out looking at all the guns and attachments) but I like the setup. The problem I have now is my gun Chronos at ~390fps so I need to have it modded to 375±5fps for field use (Siege max 380fps).

I will probably order Prescription Goggles; the mask puts pressure on the frame of my glasses and it will probably snap them sooner or later.

My next stop is Army Issue; was real nice last time I was there (age verification) but I need more funds (~$100 remaining) RIP.

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 23rd, 2016 at 23:33.. Reason: Corrected VK16 to VR16.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 23:33   #24
Blitzninja

So... about modding the spring for sub 380 fps.. tips?

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 24th, 2016 at 15:17..
Old September 24th, 2016, 15:18   #25
Blitzninja

Nvm; the biggest problem I had with DIYing it was that there were no disassembly videos for VFC MOD VR16 (before reaching the gearbox), I just found one so I think I can manage. Wondering if I should just cut and machine the spring or get a new spring?

Also, it seems that self-shimming is not a favorable thing. Any opinions on this? Should I replace the self-shimming springs?
Old September 24th, 2016, 15:44   #26
devbro

Quote:
I got at shorter barrel VFC VR16 at Mach1Airsoft today. With it I got:
- Red Dot Sight + Protector
- Vertical Grip
- LiPo + Charger
- Sling strap
- Spare mag (total 2: mid-cap 140 rounds, no wind spring)
- Mag speed loader
- 5000 0.25g BBs
Total: $695

The gun itself was only $400. I know I probably went overboard (fanned out looking at all the guns and attachments) but I like the setup. The problem I have now is my gun Chronos at ~390fps so I need to have it modded to 375±5fps for field use (Siege max 380fps).

I will probably order Prescription Goggles; the mask puts pressure on the frame of my glasses and it will probably snap them sooner or later.

My next stop is Army Issue; was real nice last time I was there (age verification) but I need more funds (~$100 remaining) RIP.
I think siege is 360fps. I suggest you actually call and ask them. for CQB anything about 320 is perfect, Ultimate airsoft is about 350 I think. I suggest you keep it low enough for both places in case you want to go there once in a blue moon.
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2016, 17:11   #27
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
I think siege is 360fps. I suggest you actually call and ask them. for CQB anything about 320 is perfect, Ultimate airsoft is about 350 I think. I suggest you keep it low enough for both places in case you want to go there once in a blue moon.
Can you recommend a good spring? There's no way to machine the spring to ~330fps without passing the acceptable seating area.

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 25th, 2016 at 12:35..
Old September 24th, 2016, 20:32   #28
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

lonex m90 spring, modify s100, should put you around 360. Lonex m100 on a stock vfc should be closer to 380-390.

Though if you want it done right you should probably take it to a good tech. There are different ways to achieve the correct fps depending on your approach. You could short stroke a metal rack piston and sector gear with your stock spring. You could install a new spring.
Old September 25th, 2016, 13:52   #29
Blitzninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
lonex m90 spring, modify s100, should put you around 360. Lonex m100 on a stock vfc should be closer to 380-390.

Though if you want it done right you should probably take it to a good tech. There are different ways to achieve the correct fps depending on your approach. You could short stroke a metal rack piston and sector gear with your stock spring. You could install a new spring.
The VFC MOD VR16 uses a M120 Spring at stock. Is the Lonex M100 the same as another M120? I have no reason to think so but I want to make sure. I'm thinking an SHS M100 (Lonex isn't carried by GTA retailers).

Also, I'm very much into machinery and love tinkering with stuff; I'm DIYing it so I can learn on top.

Last edited by Blitzninja; September 25th, 2016 at 14:07..
Old September 25th, 2016, 22:23   #30
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

vfc stock springs can get 400 fps with an upgrade tightbore barrel, what springs are labeled do not correspond to each other from one brand to the next. I'm telling you exactly what springs you need to get under the correct limit.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank