Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Adding a lanyard to a WE Tech 5.2R

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 20th, 2014, 19:44   #1
Deathwing

Adding a lanyard to a WE Tech 5.2R

Hi guys,

I got this GBB and I love it. Unfortunately, this little bugger will not stay in the drop leg holster I have. I lost it twice (yes, twice!) and found it twice too (yes, yes... looks like I'm a lucky dude!) in as many games. This being said, I'm not planning on trying my luck a third time and after inspecting the gun, I noticed that there is nowhere to fit a lanyard to secure the pistol to my belt. Does anyone know if it would be possible to modify the gun so I can fit one? Or alternatively, is there a mod kit to modify it?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 19:56   #2
redneck12

What holster are you using, sounds like its the problem. If its a "universal" holster they are junk if you don't lose the gun you will lose mags. If your dead set on keeping said holster all you need is a new hammer spring housing with an integrated lanyard loop.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 20:55   #3
Drake
E-01

1) yeah, sounds like you need a better holster: even if the lanyard keeps you from losing it, the gun can still get damaged if it falls out and hits a rock or a concrete floor;

2) the 5.2R looks like it has a Hi-Capa frame. The WE Hi-Capa was (probably still is) a clone of the TM one and parts should be compatible. So you need to get a hammer spring housing with a lanyard loop (the hammer spring housing is the block on the back edge of the grip).

Something like http://www.ebairsoft.com/hammer-spri...ck-p-2441.html (comments has someone who said they installed it on a WE) or http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball...l#.U3v5ZfldVCA. Those are examples, there are other brands and other stores to choose from; you'll have to do your own shopping.
Old May 20th, 2014, 22:46   #4
redzaku

Get a lanyard that has beefy metal connector, my brother had one on his TM 1911 and it bent off the lanyard's connector, albeit it might have been an older condor lanyard though, all in all, I guess don't cheap out on it
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 02:45   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Get a better holster. Something hard like something kydex or a Serpa or Safariland.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 07:03   #6
Deathwing

Thanks

Thanks for all your reply guys. I have been looking for a better holster, but the problem is that this gun is longer than a 1911 by at least an inch and a hard holster will not accept it. I still may be able to try a few before I finally set out on something.

Thanks Drake for your links, it looks like it's what I'll be getting, no matter what. I'll rather spent 25$ on that than run the risk of losing a 175$ pistol!

Chris
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank