:

General

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:30   #16
Zulu 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Sounds alot like me.

I never go to milsims. Like, ever.

I looked at the roster, only a few guys I know.
Give it time - mcguyver give it time.
Zulu 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:46   #17
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Zulu 1, what is your relationship with Tier 1?
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:01   #18
Zulu 1

ed is a good mate of mine.

Zulu 1 and Tier 1 are combining resources to bring the as real as it gets immersion milsim event and more to Canada.
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:09   #19
Wrath144
formerly steyr

I've been following Tier 1 events on youtube as much as I can, and I must say they are some of the most intense and awesome looking games I've been able to find. If you can put on an event of similar calibre on this side of the pond, I would be there.
People flaming are ignorant douchebags.
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:26   #20
Zulu 1

We are more than just putting on a similar event, ed and his DS consisting of former and current Royal Marine commando instructors plus my DS will be conducting rural and CQC training for 12hrs plus a 24hr event.
But it's up to the milsim enthusiast to vote with their attendance. Without you the player there will be no event.

We are only looking for the most committed

This will be a full modern soldier roleplay experience!!
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:16   #21
Reignman
Hammburglar

Send a message via MSN to Reignman Send a message via Skype™ to Reignman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Too bad they're so far, I'd check em out (there's a serious void of milsims locally this year)
We are definitely feeling the lack of games this year. As a team we have started heading to more US games to make up for it though.

Well if you head a little West Drake you can come out to Nightfall next year

It's a shame the LZ in Ottawa is no more, really enjoyed the field and could always count on at least 3 games a season from them. With Kokanee gone as well it's taken a host from the area too

Force Recon will be meeting up in October to discuss NF3 and the possibility of hosting a second Milsim game for next year.
Do you really think all 322 spots will sell out in a single day
Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:36   #22
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Quote:
If arriving at 10 am and finishing at 4pm aimlessly running around a piece of woodland somewhere, clad from head to foot in any load-out, regardless of the tactical environment and expend industrial amounts of bb’s … If getting wet and cold has you heading for the the parking lot…If waiting in ambush up to your chin in dirt and water has you heading for an early bath….

Then please do not sign up.
Cool attitude, bro. Myself, I've got no problem laying up to my eyeballs in mud and shit for hours waiting for that perfect moment to unload my 40mm but you're basically driving away the casual player with this instead of trying to bring them into something a bit more intense.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:50   #23
Zulu 1

I think you may have missed the point Janus - there are many Milsim games available for the "casual player" the aim is to raise the bar to a level of combat operation a level that the casual player will/could aspire to. I will not apologise for having a standard it is fully explained in my website for that reason, do not expect lunch breaks or walks back to the car for more bb's

Funny i hear may times, wish we had the games like europe/uk does... well here we are gents you now have the choice

Last edited by Zulu 1; August 13th, 2013 at 11:54..
Old August 15th, 2013, 02:25   #24
Zulu 1

For those interested and that have not seen the website or fb page

ZULU 1 MILITARY SIMULATION Ltd. and TIER 1 MILITARY SIMULATION Ltd. are extremely proud to present Operation SILVERTIP.

After 18 months of setting up and working out the logistics to enable TIER 1 to operate with our sister organisation running the same level of military simulation events as we do here in the UK, we are now ready to stage our first joint event with ZULU 1 in Canada.

Warning Order
This will be a 36hr ZULU 1 & TIER 1 RURAL COMBAT & TRAINING OPERATION.

The event will take place in a massive valley located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain Trench. The event site is situated not far from the town of Golden in British Colombia - Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_Trench

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden,_British_Columbia

The Area of Operations (AO) is a huge 600 acre site comprising of dense forest, deep swamps, marshland, mountain rivers, a disused quarry with multiple derelict compounds, buildings and structures dotted throughout.

Also there are a multitude of tracks and roads that crisscross the area and all of that is surrounded by snow capped mountains.

Date: 20 - 22 September 2013

PHASE 01: Combat Training

The training phase will begin early Friday morning with Rural Combat Training as instructed by our serving and former Royal Marines Commando instructors.

The training will cover many aspects of operating in a rural environment and elements of Modernised Urban Combat (MUC) for the CQC phase(s).

The training will run all day and follow a progressive format which will finish with several stances after last light.

On completion of the training phase all operators will be able to finalise their equipment and undertake several hours of enforced rest before we move into phase 02 and the 24hr combat operation.

PHASE 02: Combat Operation

The combat operation will run straight through from the early hours of Saturday morning until END EX around midday on the Sunday.

Scenario to follow soon.

Although this is primarily for the Canadian Milsim community, we are willing to open this event up to operators from the UK and EU. Please PM or email:

info@zulu1militarysimulation.com

should you wish to partake and or have any questions.

All teams are to be complete on site no later than 09:00hrs Friday 20 September. Teams arriving later or wishing to arrive the evening before will have to notify ZULU 1 prior to this event.

Safety and administrational briefs will take place on Friday morning at 10:00hrs. Phase 01 will begin on completion.

Phase 01 and the training will finish after around 12hrs and on completion there will be a comprehensive debrief which will be followed by battle preparation and enforced rest.

During the early hours of saturday morning opposing forces will move to their respective tactical assembly areas (TAA) and await intelligence briefs and initial orders.

This will be followed by confirmatory orders for the relevant elements and team leaders.

All players will be in the correct sections and will have been allocated radios to communicate with your command elements by 06.00hrs.

From this point on, there will not be a safe zone in operation in the game until END EX and the game will only stop for an emergency.

ALL elements will deploy onto the ground during the early hours of Saturday morning.

RED FORCE

Insurgents: 8 places.
Militia: 50 places.

Uniform Requirements: Traditional Middle Eastern style militia / local Dress where possible. You can wear a civilian/military mix, OD, Tan and Black, but please do not turn up looking like an american PSD operator. You should be thinking tactically in terms of your clothes and their colours etc. ABSOLUTELY NO Multicam, ACU, US Woodland. You will be asked to change out of them.

BLUE FORCE

Reconnaissance troop, A Squadron, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D): - 20 places.
US RANGERS Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment - 40 places.

Uniform Requirements: Multicam, MARPAT (Green), AOR 2, US Woodland and DPM.

Players will be required to bring the right kit to last the duration in the field - tactically. (see the TIER 1 recommended kit list.)

You will need to bring all your own food and water and the means to cook with.

You will have to carry with you everything you need into the field. ie. In a bergen.

We will provide squad and platoon level radios for both sides - inter-squad radios - you will need to bring yourself.

Cost & Travel: Please enquire via PM or email

For further information please contact - info@zulu1militarysimulation.com / paul.clarke@zulu1militarysimulation.com

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY REGENS IN PLAY. MEDIC RULES WILL APPLY THROUGHOUT.

THE EVENT WILL RUN FROM FRIDAY MORNING UNTIL SUNDAY LUNCHTIME. ALL REST AND FOOD REQUIREMENTS WILL NEED TO BE UNDERTAKEN SEMI/TACTICALLY THROUGHOUT THIS EVENT.
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:29   #25
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Cost? I'd like it publicly stated, please.

Quote:
ALL... FOOD... WILL NEED TO BE UNDERTAKEN ...TACTICALLY
This made me giggle.
Old August 15th, 2013, 04:06   #26
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

I think this one was something like $180. Not 100% certain but that's what I remember...
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:12   #27
Zulu 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJ View Post
I think this one was something like $180. Not 100% certain but that's what I remember...
Quick fatJ go buy a lotto ticket !!! if you know the cost before it's published you're in for a chance!! price being worked on published friday

aquamarine making it here from osaka?
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:13   #28
Zulu 1

[QUOTE=Zulu 1;1825032]Quick fatJ go buy a lotto ticket !!! if you know the cost before it's published you're in for a chance!! price being worked on published friday

aquamarine making it here from asakusa?
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:15   #29
Zulu 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Cost? I'd like it publicly stated, please.

This made me giggle.
ever had to cook without a raging fire and not give away your position? ever run a "hard routine" ?
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:43   #30
DrunkenTeddy
FatJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu 1 View Post
ever had to cook without a raging fire and not give away your position? ever run a "hard routine" ?
Ah, your milsim sounds too much like another one going on at Golden. I assumed they were the same.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General