Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Working in a rifle: FPS issues

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:55   #1
Grizzly0679

Working in a rifle: FPS issues

I searched and found out quite a bit on this issue but I still have some questions.

For starters I have a KWA M4A1 and it was recently downgraded with a M100 spring but according to the salesman it still fires at 380fps. While this may be fine for some outdoor battles I'd rather just get it 350(-) so I'm good for whatever.

Should I:

a) Get a M90 spring or is that going too low?
b) Cut some rings off the spring?
c) Fire 10,000BBs to work in my spring?
d) All or some of the above?

It seems to be an issue with some KWA's that even after being downgraded they still fire way above the requirements, but the solutions vary depending who's giving it.

Anxious to hear some expert advice.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 14:53   #2
Grizzly0679

Hmmm thanks. I see what you're saying. An M90, considering my rifle is new, will probably give me the desired results. But before I get a new spring - and this is something I've read before - it was suggested that my gun is too new and the spring needs time to "settle", but exactly how long does that take, and what is the FPS drop from it?

That's why I asked if the firing BBs will work. If I can solve the issue without having to throw more money at the problem then cool.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Old April 11th, 2012, 14:58   #3
Sandbar1911

The only problem I see with firing alot of BB's is you will still be throwing money at the issue..I know if I was going to waste 10,000 BB's it would cost me $50 right there alone in ammo
Old April 11th, 2012, 14:59   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've left a linear spring fully compressed for 7 months straight, it dropped 4fps
That same gun, after installed a non-linear 380fps spring went on to shoot about 300,000 rounds, still shot 380fps 3 years later.

Ammo's around $20 a bag for the good stuff
Springs are $15
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 15:06   #5
m102404
Tys

I retract my post...carry on.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 15:28   #6
Grizzly0679

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I retract my post...carry on.
why? What you said helped and I assume would help someone else with a similar issue. There's only about 4 posts I could find on these forums specifically relating to springs and KWA guns.

Anyway, I know guys - It is still throwing money at the issue but I guess a lot less. It'll be almost 50 to get everything installed (I'd do it myself if the spring was near the stock like some M4s but in KWA rifles it's a pain in the ass to get to the spring) again unless the store is nice and does my spring for free. The bag of bbs would be about 25.

The spring compression thingy I heard doesn't always work so thanks for your input. I guess all things are leaning toward a new spring.

Or a new gun :\

Hmmm, 15$ spring or a 700$ M60...decisions, decisions...

EDIT: So actually I do have the M90 spring in my rifle. It's really just a matter of working in the rifle and adjusting the hop-up. Will test it out this weekend and give you guys an update when I have access to a Chrono on the 24th(April).

Last edited by Grizzly0679; April 11th, 2012 at 16:58..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank