Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TASCO RDS 1X30mm

:

Reviews

Old January 30th, 2006, 16:12   #1
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
TASCO RDS 1X30mm

So i was walking around CT today after my exams...I went to the ugh...softair/paintball section and to my amazement found that they had the TASCO RDS after recently accquired some Red Pocket Money(sounds soo communist...execpt for the money part...hahahahahaha) and I had a spending high. I bought the Tasco RDS for 49.99+ 7.49 tax....I got like 60 CT cents back though. It took like 3 mins for the clerk to get the RDS from the case to the cash because she enjoyed taking her sweet time by doing inventory on the way. >.<

After examining the awsomely difficult to open package I proceeded to carefully use an exacto to cut it open. After I extracted the RDS I took the shabby lens caps off and turned it on counter clockwise to 11. I looked into it and found that it was quite good though the dot was a little big for my taste.

Mounting it onto my UTG Scope mount was a piece of cake. I just toke a dime and put some electrical tape on it to prevent scratching the knobs and slowly affixed it onto the weaver rail. I switched it on again and tried to aim at various objects around the room. I noticed that it took a lot less time for me to accquire targets.

I noticed there was a lot of dust on the bottom of the RDS so i just took a can of duster and dusted it from 12 inches away. The lense cloth it came with is quite good. Instructions is nice but its useless as this thing is idiot proof. The external finish is well done execpt for the lettering that makes it look a little weird. Tasco REDDOT on the left side but I can easily paint over it or leave it be.

It uses a 3V button style battery that is easily found...the battery compartment is on the top of the scope so no need taking it off and risk rezeroing...

Here's the professional looking specs...

Model Number BKRD30

MAGNIFICATION: 1x
FIELD-OF-VIEW: 57' @ 100 yards
LENS COATING: RubiconĀ® multi-layered, fully coated
FOCUS TYPE: Fixed
PARALLAX SETTING: 50 yards
OBJECTIVE LENS DIAMETER: 30mm
EYE RELIEF: Unlimited
RETICLE TYPE: Illuminated 5 M.O.A Red Dot, 11-position Rheostat
WINDAGE/ELEVATION: .5 @ 50 yards
TUBE DIA: 38mm
WEIGHT: 6 oz.
LENGTH: 3.75"
FINISH: Black Matte, AWF All Weather Finish

http://www.tasco.com/riflescopes/reddot_bkrd30.shtml

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 16:20   #2
Tankdude

Verdict?
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 16:31   #3
yanhchan

Sorry I totally forgot Veridict LOLz....

BUY IT NOW!!!!!! Before they run out of stock...camp outside if you have to...

I have no idea how well it goes against Aimpoints and other RDS...but I'm sure this one is quite good as it is a TASCO...

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
Old January 30th, 2006, 19:12   #4
blanks

Send a message via MSN to blanks Send a message via Skype™ to blanks
i agree they are a great buy. i stumbled onto mine at work when we were cleaning up. For the price you can`t go wrong
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:55   #5
RobG

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanhchan
Sorry I totally forgot Veridict LOLz....

BUY IT NOW!!!!!! Before they run out of stock...camp outside if you have to...

I have no idea how well it goes against Aimpoints and other RDS...but I'm sure this one is quite good as it is a TASCO...
I bought one for my g36c and here's my take on the scope:

Brightness setting knob is ultra stiff, but sturdy
Lens caps fit not great, but snug.
Designed for ranges that normally exceed standard airsoft (manual states to sight in from 50-100 yards) so vertical correction at closer ranges is iffy.
Extreme adjustments to vertical can cause horizontal shifting of the dot

For $50 you can't go wrong and it is a well built scope. It does not have the 'military look' of the guarder or g&p rds, but it's also at least half the price of these units. With little adjustment I was suprised that accuracy was very good. Sighting is very easy as well. If only it had flip up (removable) caps

Rob
RobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 16:33   #6
yanhchan

I'm looking for flip up caps. I know NC Star makes them but they're a few sizes too big.

Old February 11th, 2006, 00:02   #7
RobG

I just bought a second one for my P90TR because there's really no aim sight on that gun at all. I scoured all of the Canadian airsoft reseller websites and could not find anyone who had Guarder or G&G red dot scopes in stock. Prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit depending where you look and I've seen the same tasco scope selling for considerably more elsewhere. So $50 + tax is definately a good buy if you don't mind that it's not as 'fancy' looking as the replicas.

Rob
Old February 11th, 2006, 06:54   #8
yanhchan

Parts sale forum usually have some good RDS deals. I've also noticed the prices do change from retailer to retailer.

Old February 11th, 2006, 10:07   #9
Red Ghost

Send a message via MSN to Red Ghost
I found another red-dot sight at Canadian Tire. Look for the Crosman one. It's about $20 give or take. It requires a bit of modding to fit on a standard 20mm rail. It was made to be placed on 3/8" rimfire/air rifle dovetails. So you need to get some longer bolts for the mounting claws and shve the bottom of the sight down a touch so you don't have an interference fit with the rail. You will need washers or shims of some sorts to keep the sight from wandering left or right. It's the kind of sight for those real cheap people like me. As an added bonus, it gave my SR-16 the whole new look that I wanted. If anyone wants pics, i can find them and post them.

Apparently, a hand grenade does not belong in my toolbox. Nor does a hand grenade with the pin pulled belong in someone else's toolbox.

When In Doubt, Empty A Magazine.

Red Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 19:10   #10
yanhchan

thought about getting that one...but I went Chinese New Years money spending craze so I went for the TASCO. Crosman one had logos that I didn't like and it looked too shiny but I'm sure its still good.

Old February 11th, 2006, 20:19   #11
RobG

Quote:
thought about getting that one...but I went Chinese New Years money spending craze so I went for the TASCO. Crosman one had logos that I didn't like and it looked too shiny but I'm sure its still good.
I saw that Crossman one too and decided I did not wany anything on my gun saying "Crossman". I think if a person can spare the extra money, the $50 Tasco is definately worth it!

Rob
Old February 11th, 2006, 20:23   #12
yanhchan

I saw a Crosman on a P90 before. Looked ok but the crosmaness stood out too much...

Old February 11th, 2006, 21:16   #13
RobG

Quote:
I saw a Crosman on a P90 before. Looked ok but the crosmaness stood out too much...
Lol 'crossmaness'... I debated keeping these Tasco scopes or buying aimpoint replicas, but decided to keep the Tasco's for now (I have 2). I've spent enough money for now...

Rob
Old February 11th, 2006, 21:40   #14
yanhchan

I'm in the same boat. I have 2 MP5s and I want both to have RDS as my friend borrows one sometimes but seriously do I really want to spend another 50...lol...

Old February 11th, 2006, 22:08   #15
RobG

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. I have 2 MP5s and I want both to have RDS as my friend borrows one sometimes but seriously do I really want to spend another 50...lol...
You know you do!

Rob
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews