View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:37   #35
OfficerChan

I think now would be a good time to bring airsoft to the courts. The situation now, is not going to get any better. It won't blow over with time. With or without that school shooting, there will ALWAYS be people who feel very strongly about guns, not just firearms, airsoft, bow and arrows, sticks and stones. Some like it, some don't. It just the way things are, that won't change. From a short term perspective, now may not be the time to show our nation our hobby. Simply because of what has recently happened. From a long term perspective (which is the view that I hold), its not going to get any better. The longer we wait, the longer the window of opportunity for the next shooting to happen, and the worse its going to look for airsoft.

People simple don't "forget" what has happened in the past. I'm sure a lot of you have been through debates through school. During a debate, BOTH sides gather as much information to negate the opposing opinion. If we wait longer, when we actually do go to court, we are going to be facing a overwhelming amount of evidence, past events. We will have nothing really positive to say about airsoft, while the anti-whatever group, will have amassed an astronomical amount of evidence that will work against us.
OfficerChan is offline   Reply With Quote