View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2014, 22:33   #16
Trixshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
As a reference, I can shoot a full mag + 3 to 5 more bb's. I have a SD frame/SD slide, SD nozzle, AS BBU, and im using the STOCK recoil spring with washers to assist with cycling speed. Im not a big fan of using heavy springs especially on metal slide as it eats away the gas efficiency given the heaviness of the slide already. I prefer to short stroke the gun instead. As long as I can finish all the bb's in the mag with one fill of gas, I'm content.

Here is another reference for you. My friend and I worked on his race gun with plastic slide, custom modded the BBU to shut the gas earlier, short stroked it using Japanese method combined with as many washers/buffer as possible. He was able to get over 2 mags worth of bb's with one fill. The slide cycled so fast that you couldn't even see the slide cycle, and there was barely any recoil. Looked something like this, notice how the red dot barely moves:

Japanese Air Soft Race Guns - YouTube
I got the AIP short stroke spring/washer kit.

About
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
My friend and I short stroked it using Japanese method combined with as many washers/buffer as possible.
I know what buffers are (usually got them in my Les Baer)
But what is the japanese method?
Trixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote