View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2009, 13:40   #3
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff. View Post
Hey
I'm new, and have looked around the forum for this, but have yet to find anything conclusive. I have a crosman (yes, crap name, I know) pulse r76 (not the clearsoft version). It's alright, considering I play in my own field with my friends. I'm curious, I've heard the r76 is tokyo marui compatible, and am wondering, could I replace the internals with a type 3 gearbox? I went to www.mechbox.com and check out the video on the TM ak, the guns' exterior seemed identical, but I have yet to crack mine open to see the internals. Has anyone done any work to the r76? Which TM gun is it a clone of?

Also, before you say "throw your gun away" etc, I'd like to state a couple of things. The field I play on isn't a regulated field, it's my friends property. Before you say "the cops will take your guns etc" we have played paintball on this field for 4 years, and have started airsoft in the last 2. It's in the middle of nowhere, and there's no chance of us having any trouble with the law.
Secondly, I know this gun wouldn't normally get talked on this forum (though through searching, I noticed it has been mentioned). I'd just like some advice if it is available. I'm going to buy a higher end gun as soon as I turn legal in the fall. Then I plan on playing in a real field, etc. I just want to keep this one going for the whole spring / summer first.
thank you for any advice! It is greatly appreciated
Honestly, I wouldn't bother. The gun is built so crappy you wouldn't get the money's worth of benefits from a new mechbox. The money would be better spent putting it aside and using toward a good, higher-end gun when you finally decide to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjb63 View Post
Ur underage, u shouldnt be playin airsoft annyway. Ur guns r gonna be taken by teh cops.
And if we had cops that defended people against writing that makes people want to rip their eyes out, you'd have your internets taken by the cops.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; March 18th, 2009 at 13:42..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote