View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:13   #11
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Gotcha, airsoft is "just a toy"... so WHY do we have an age verification system then? I guess this guy should just buy his 12 year son a "name brand" airsoft gun and let him run around with it then?

I'm trying to show someone how realistic these things look, that they aren't to be taken lightly.

Funny when I first started playing airsoft the first rule that everyone here on ASC told me was make sure to always treat your airsoft as if it was a real firearm. I guess things have changed.....

That is one guy but I'm dealing with another guy on a car forum who sees no problem with buying his son a name brand airsoft gun and run around with it because "it's just a toy".

How so? I'm trying to show someone that airsoft is not "just a toy". I'm trying to show it's nothing like the clear stuff you get from Walmart or CT. I'm trying to show why they need to be treated like real firearms when you are handling them.

You know such as; Don't run around the neighborhood with it, keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, don't point it at someone whom is not part of a game you're currently playing, don't point it at someone who isn't your target, don't shoot it until you know your target, etc.

Mate, you stated your piece, if he chooses to disregard your opinion that's his business.

Walk away and chill man, have a nice cuppa joe or something and relax.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote