Originally Posted by ARC-74
I swapped batteries in a red dot sight on friday & had left the old batteries on my table. I got quite a surprise late last night when I heard a loud pop, kind of like a fire cracker going off in my living room that actually left a ringing in my ears. One of the old batteries had exploded !!
The battery casing had been blown across the room and was rolling around on the floor, the top and inners ended up on my couch.
Has anyone ever had a battery explode like this before?
Must've short-circuited with something. I always tape my old button cells individually when getting rid of them.