Thread: STarting money
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2009, 18:04   #19
Originally Posted by Shootresponsibly View Post
I see a lot of good advice and some stuff I think will be pretty helpful. Why I asked was because I don't want to buy an airsoft gun, and then something else, and then something else, and so on...I wanted to buy when I'm ready to go ahead and buy everything. A lot of people advise making sure you will be comfortable with airsoft and don't be impulsive. But I am a man of many hobbies, and I don't really care. lol

So what I need is

gun (duh)
face/eye protection
a decent vest atleast to carry mags and accessories, even if I don't have them YET
and perhaps some magazines (probably)
From there we will look at camo and so forth, but chances are I will just use some things I already have.
I don't have anything amazing, like cordura and high-grade materials, but I have two camo jackets, and some OD clothing around...

by the way, would that be sufficient for outdoors?
For outdoor play I highly recommend you buy a good modular vest. It will cost you in the beginning (probably ~$150 for the vest, plus an additional chunk for the modular pouches, etc.) but well worth it in the end. With a good vest you can run around through the woods and not have to worry about ripping it or anything.

Also, a water carrier is a must. Many people use camelbacks. I'm a little more old fashioned and actually have a canteen on the back of my vest. I also have a couple of other pouches -I have grenade pouches I carry snacks in (trail-mix bars are win for outdoor play), plus a butt pouch I carry spare ammo, batteries, and sometimes more snacks and water depending on where I am. With a good vest it's an easy load to carry and doesn't restrict movement.

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote