Thread: Aftermath?
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:34   #5
Piper's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa
The vast majority of rails these day (especially for military use) are called picatinny rails (or MIL-STD-1913), and have a particular set of technical specs. A lot of civilian equipment/rifles use weaver type rails. They are virtually identical, and the nice thing about that is anything that can fit a civilian weaver-type rail, can fit a picatinny rail, although the reverse isn't always true (although in most cases it is true, and virtually all companies design equipment for both). Indeed, I can't think of anybody whose had any problem with putting any equipment on a weaver rail. Both picatinny rails and weaver rails are 20mm wide.

In other words, if it looks like a rail, you're good to go.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote