Originally Posted by NoGear
Hay i was wondering if you guys can share some of the moves you do in the field so i can start practising
if anyone of you can make a training video on how to properly do certain types of manuvers, gun saftey etc it would help alot of us
iam also building a tiny field down were i live (it belongs to my parrents) and i was wondering how to make some great barracades etc.
can someone show me how to build an effective tactical shield just for fun?
on a side note: when reading the fourms i seem to find alot of sniper threads about joining right off the bat. Can i offer my solution? Create a test similar to the N driving test exept you put targets at certain distances and they have to judge the proper distance it might solve some of ur problems if you have the time to do that sort of thing. You can also have some written test before that with certain questions. If you pass the writen test you have to but an L or something on your back/Chest but you can only snipe if you have a someone near your side to help you out.
sorry for shotguning you guys with questions but i know some of you are willing to answer
If your seriously looking for some material, there is a wealth of literature and media out there with regard to many different scenarios, and techniques. Some aren't as great as others, but if it doesn't work put it in your "tactical-tool-box" anyway for later consideration. And if you plan to go into harms way, you will definitely need to attend a rigorious classes, as experienced instructors can provide valuable feedback allowing the shooter to improve greatly. Off the top of my head, here are some of what I call the "cave-man" fundamentals, some of these don't really apply to airsoft, an instructor locally called it the "Combat Triangle" - Marksmanship, Gunhandling, and most important the mindset:
Understanding what are the critical components to ensure a good shot, eye domainance/focus, stance/posture, sight picture/alignment, proper grip, trigger control/follow-through, and breathing. Additionally knowing terminal ballistic performance for the particular round being used, understanding hold overs, sight over bore ratios, and effect of elevation/windage on a shot.
- Establish BZOs (Battle Zeros)
- Shooting Close Quarters (Sight Over Bore)
- Shooting Long Range (Hold Overs, Windage, Elevation, Effects of Cant)
- Shooting Around Barricades (Windows, Ports, Curbs, Corners, Etc.)
- Shooting While Moving (Forward, Reverse, Lateral)
- Shooting Multiple Targets
- Shooting Moving Targets
- Shooting From Reaction/Support Side
- Shooting While Wounded (Reloads, Malfunctions...whole gambit)
- Shooting In Low Light (Lights, Lasers, NVGs, etc.)
2.) Gun Handing
- Reloading (Admin, Speed, Tac)
- Malfunctions (SPORTS, Tap-Rack-Bang, Double-Feeds, Stove-Pipes, Etc.)
- Transitioning to Secondary
- Levels of Awareness
- OODA Cycle (Boyd's Cycle)
- Understanding Fear (Physiological and Pyschological)
- Stress Management
*Note: Again thats all I could remember at the moment, if you wish to know more, if any specific instructor or material I'd recommenad, please feel free to PM me, and I'll get back with you when I get a chance.