View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2009, 21:11   #19
Crunchmeister

Pistols are definitely not required to play outdoors. They're merely a backup in case of stoppage of your primary. I've only really ever had to pull my pistol once in an outdoors game because I ran out of ammo. Of course, I HAVE pulled it a couple of times just because I could...

However, for CQB, they can come in quite handy. There are times when you're in a confined space and it's cumbersome to use an AEG, even a smaller SMG type. I used my TF11 (MAC 11 machine pistol) at Op Broadsword last week, and it proved to be a very valuable sidearm in a confined space.

Just a note on your mags - ditch the hi-cap mags and get low or mid-caps instead. Other than in small skirmishes, hi-cap mags usually aren't allowed in many games. Ditto for the C mag. Many games will have ammo restrictions and only allow you to carry the lower capacity mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
oh yeah, I've seen mostly stock KSC glocks reach as far/further than many short to medium length AEGs
And I'm sure that would be mine you're referring to there. The only performance mod I've got on it is a Madbull Black Python tightbore. And yes, that little Glock kicks all forms of ass and has a stupid long range and great accuracy out to about 75 feet.