View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2009, 19:48   #17
In order to buy an AR 15 in Canada (M4 is prohibited), you need an RPAL as well as a range membership, and ATT to at least get it to your house. Then you would need to do some serious machining to even get GBB internals into it (probably the easiest way). And you won't be paying $899 for a complete AR, unless you get a Norinco POS (poor machining, poor finishing, etc.). Even a decent starter AR will be $1500+ new, perhaps a bit less used. Then, no matter where you go, it will still be a restricted firearm, and subject to a boatload of regs that really make it not worth it.

Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
+1. Got to try a couple of them so far - 1 stock, one VERY upgraded. They feel nice to hold, but otherwise, left me unimpressed. My CA M15 was a far better gun, more solid, doesn't need to be handled like a china doll for fear of breaking it, more accurate, and 1/3 of the price.
HaHaHa. That's funny. There is no such thing as a very upgraded PTW. Best you can do is a CNC lower, and a real upper. You might try some do-dads on the gun, no different than any other AEG. And I've repaired, modded and built dozens upon dozens of PTWs. Funny they're very popular out west, maybe the guys out east just can't seem to figure them out. A Classic Army more solid than a PTW, that's rich.

If he wants to buy a PTW or GBB, it's his choice. Not like he's going to find very many of either to chose from.

And I'd take you on in accuracy and range any day, even with a CQB. And not at 20 feet, lets try 200.
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote