View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2009, 20:02   #18
formerly steyr
I am a speedballer. In the past, nearly every time I see one of these threads I type up a thoughtful, mature, fair and usually lengthy reply only to delete it and not post due to the tone of the thread towards paintball. This thread seems better than those others.

Kalnaren, you hit the head on the nail (?) with your post, except the following.

Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
-Many paintballers like the speedball style of "spray and pray" and hate the disciplined, accurate, short burst trigger control airsoft generally encourages.
Yes, speedballers do shoot a lot, but unless they're said 16 (or 14, or 12 etc) year old kids it usually has a point. If you ever see a player standing at his bunker and shooting at what is essentially nothing, he is probably shooting what we call a lane. He's probably shooting the entrance to a key position, to keep opposing players out of it. The reason for shooting fast is to keep a steady stream on the lane so if someone tries to run through it you have a higher chance of hitting him. He could also be doing this to keep a player from looking out of their bunker so one of his team mates can move up. Once again, shooting fast here is for the intimidation factor, so the player doesn't get brave and try popping out. It's the same kind of fire-and-maneuver done in airsoft.
If anyone has any THOUGHTFUL questions about speedball chances are I will be able to answer them, just post them here and I'll check back.
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote