View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2009, 13:37   #13
Originally Posted by Xavier123 View Post
For one I never said it's a good idea to run out and buy one, but not everyone can afford 400$+ for their first weapon. Basically my point was based on someone I know buying 1200$ worth of kit because he thought he'd be great at playing (hard core fps gamer) but found out after only one day that he didn't like it at all and sold his gear for peanuts. Just good to try things out before going all in. And as far as "playing in the woods" goes, I feel better knowing they are doing that...btw they do have some parents watching...rather than off being sht disturbers.
Sorry, but that just makes that person an idiot. He expected airsoft to be like playing an FPS, and found out it actually takes skill and energy. Happens often.

Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Just because there is a parent or parents there watching over them doesn't make an illegal activity okay.
Playing with clearsoft guns on private property is not illegal in any way. As a matter of fact, playing with real airsoft on private property is not illegal either, or else we'd be breaking the law every time we played. However, if they're playing on public land, then that's a different story. And if it's within city limits, most urban centres have by-laws prohibiting the discharge of guns - even air guns (airsoft included) outdoors within city limits.