View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:22   #25
Originally Posted by LouisZimmerman View Post
L473ncy, you are correct: there is a city bylaw which states that BB/pellet guns may not be discharged within city limits. The versions that I have seen do not speak to zoning or 'business' use, but they may not have been complete.
I know that there is a provision somewhere that lets trained employees at airfields discharge flares (screechers and bangers) to scare away birds after other deterrents start to fail. In extreme cases they are also allowed to discharge firearms to kill birds (this deters them away for a while usually till they get the balls to come back).

Also I always thought that paintball guns were considered "airguns" and the only reason why you're allowed to shoot them at fields were because of special zoning for such use. I could be wrong though.

Anyways, @ OP. It's really up to you. I know you'll do the right thing in the end. You came out with this dillema and asked for help in the first place which leads me to believe that you are a helluva lot mature than I was at your age. We've given you ideas on what to do so decide on what the best course of action is given the situation right now and best of luck to you. Remember you're not a snitch if you're saving peoples lives and protecting them from harm.
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew