View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2009, 18:13   #18
The Saint
Originally Posted by MattG666 View Post
I totally understand where your coming from, and I would play airsoft if given the chance. I just wanted to know if I would be alone in thinking that you only need a few milsim pieces if equipment and the rest is just for show.
For most events, you wear what you're comfortable with, provided there is a minimal level of military/police camo content. That means BDU + basic vest for most, but many go beyond that because it's actually quite fun to customize one's loadout.

Would I also be one of the few who are willing to be more agressive? Obviously my ideas are biased and uninformed, but it doesn't help when the only one you see are 100 pound bean pole nerds that act overly serious.
There are many aggressive players in airsoft, though the type of aggression in airsoft is not quite the same as that of PB. The difference being the amount of automatic fire you receive in airsoft.

Gotta hand it to you airsofters, far less noob flaming and more helping than most paintball forums. I do have to admit that paintball is being flooded with cocky morons who hurt the sport more than they help.
We try. We think it helps that our community is about people who want to get together to share an experience, whereas paintballers tend to get together so they'll have someone to beat.
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."