Thread: seamless .12's
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2009, 19:43   #24
Originally Posted by MillerBRo View Post
yeah its a subclass of chairsofter

snobsofter: One who makes grand generalized opinions based on little or no fact; (but with a jerky attitude and less knowledge )
That makes sense, but lucky for me I do actually play and make generalizations based on experience or the word of players who have been in the game far longer than I have.

No Kalnaren, the 'snob' part would be stating he was being cheap for looking at .12s- you dont know him or his reasoning so why the attack? you have to get your digs in at the newbs eh? just because you cant figure out a skillful way to use them doesnt mean they are useless or that someone considering them is a 'cheap ass' - but keep it up, you and a few others sure make airsoft canada a wonderful place for newbs
Of course, at this point I'm being general, but honestly other than cost what motivation would there be for using .12's instead of .20's? Really? In CQB the velocity difference won't matter that much. At 30 feet if I'm going to hit you with a .12 I'm going to hit you with a .20, especially considering both will cover that distance before your brain even registered the other guy was shooting at you.

Also, take into account the fact that .12's that won't kill your gun are very hard to find. Most of the ones readily availble will be of very poor quality, so the inferance again is that the only reason to try and find .12's is the cost. High grade .20's are readily available... so why not use them?
edit- course I dont know you really either and sniping at you for sniping at him doesnt make this place any friendlier so I guess I'm being a dick myself- for that you have my apologies, however I stand by my initial statement that many people dont touch .12s because of the 'status' of using them as opposed to their actual performance, which is fine in CQB areas.
No apology necessary, it was a difference of opinion -my opinion on why he was using .12's is because they're cheap.

And again, you say their performance is fine -it is if you can find good quality ones. I personally will not take that risk.
I dont mind personal preference but airsoft has waaaay to many people who just follow what they hear rather than what they know to be fact. Fact is that several people here in lower BC have used the .12s at our field in Krakens, KWA M4s, and JG guns and they work fine for CQB- just dont go using poorly made ones.
Well, I wouldn't trust .12's in my CA or TM, and I'm sure a lot of people won't use them in their G&P, VFC, or STAR guns either. Why do they use .12's? Cost? Or do they seriously get a noticable performance boost at distances < 50 feet?

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote