View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2008, 20:45   #24
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
i wash my hands if i handle china made stuff since i hear too many stories of their stuff having a high lead content. hence why i try to stay away from it. now that being said, too much lead wont kill you or fuck you up right away, its if you are constantly exposed to it. so if you lick your Dboys everyday, than i would worry. but again, i have OCD, so i definitely try to stay away from the "problem guns" as i call them.

I'd maybe emphasize that small amounts of lead CAN cause problems, but lead isn't absorbed through the skin (unless there's a break in the skin), only through mouth and nose or mucous membrane. It's always a good idea to wash your hands, regardless what you're touching, anyway (is there a "wash your hands" song?).

Lead builds up in your body, so it does require a degree of exposure, and can lead to neurological or other health issues. Maybe of special concern to those with children, lead can affect brain development in children -- so make sure they keep anything with even trace amounts of lead out of their mouths, and wash their hands if they touch any white metal (Chinese or not). Lead can leach through finishes like paint.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote