View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2008, 15:34   #38
Originally Posted by Kuro_Neko View Post
The problem is that's exactly what the soccer moms want to do to real steel. Right now the majority of the soccer moms have never heard of airsoft, and they can't protest what they don't know about. But once it gets in the media, and that's what would have to happen if we wanted to legalize it, they'd all get up in arms about it and probably would get airsoft banned altogether (since airsoft doesn't have the support that real steel does).

edit: Not that I'm against it persay, we just have to have a solid plan. We go off half-cocked and the soccer moms will bury us.

Well I wasn't talking about taking it to the media, dunno where that came from. Just taking airsoft to the media for the sake of bringing exposure to ourselves amounts to painting a target on our backs; I've never been for that sort of thing, or "educating the public."

I was referring only to Chester's comment about what happens if airsoft becomes available to the masses, with regards to Licensing, and within that context only (which presumes that politically and legally, airsoft has been "accepted" and legalized the same as paintball for example)