View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2008, 21:22   #1
Send a message via ICQ to redhawk_six Send a message via AIM to redhawk_six Send a message via MSN to redhawk_six
Problems with user *shadow*

Before anyone suggests it, I've already been in contact with the mods about this problem.

Nearly a month ago, I purchused a Canadian Forces kevlar helmet off the user *shadow*. Before purchusing it, I was careful to ask him to clarify the size, and if it would fit a 7 1/2 head. He led me to believe it was a medium and promised me it would easily fit a 7 1/2 head.

The first sign of trouble was when he never sent me the tracking number as promised. The second sign was when the helmet arrived poorly packaged, having simply been wrapped in a garbage bag.

Upon openning the package and inspecting the helmet, I found it was a size small. I decieded to give him the benifit of the doubt and adjusted the helmet to the largest size possible and tried it on. No way, no how would the helmet fit. Not even close to a 7 1/2.

I sent *shadow* a pm about the size. He simply responded that he has a 7 1/2 head and the helmet fit him. I asked if he was 100% sure of his head size, to which he responded that he was, and that a small helmet is made to fit a 7 1/2 head. He even said the army issued him a size small helmet. As pm's continued to be exchanged, he became very rude, and began ignoring many of my messages. He left negitive feedback, in french, which i cannot understand.

During this time, I did a bit of research. I found the Canadian Forces size chart for the helmet online. The chart says a size small helmet will only fit up to a 55 cm head, which is a 6 7/8 head. Size 7 1/2 is 60 cm, a huge difference. This was confirmed by numorous friends in the Canadian Forces, including one current serving member with nearly 30 years in the forces. In fact, the Canadian Forces manual for the helmet recommends a size Large helmet for a 7 1/2.

I've sent copies of the size chart to *shadow*, and he has not replied. In fact, he has not replied to at least half a dozen messages i've sent him.

I've been in contact with the mods, who have tried contacting him. The only response they got was the same story he told me, that a size small is made for a 7 1/2 head, but this time in french.

I paid him $100 for this helmet, and he promised me it would fit. It does not, and clearly was never designed to fit anywhere near that size of head. He has been completely unwilling to try to resolve this issue, and I've run out of things to do about it.

So, I am hoping that anyone that knows him can convince him to work with me to resolve this problem. I paid $100 for a size medium helmet, and basicly all I have now is a paper weight.

Thanks in advance for any help, and I hope this post made some sense...
Redhawk Six
Guns are meant to go bang, not bling!
Just say no to chrome guns.

New members click HERE
redhawk_six is offline   Reply With Quote