View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2008, 20:37   #38
Send a message via MSN to Nik12
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Because Replica Firearm is not illegal in any way for individuals to possess (provided no other laws are broken, like stolen goods or smuggling), it is not illegal for individuals to acquire.

I was always under the impression it was legal to possess a replica, but illegal to transfer ownership of it (ie selling/buying, giving/recieving, etc).
(I know it's just a fact sheet)
"December 1, 1998 the import, manufacture and sale of replica firearms is illegal (except under certain regulated circumstances)."
"You can keep any replica firearms that you owned on December 1, 1998, when the Firearms Act came into effect."

So I would think that all sales of these devices is illegal (even using our classifieds), yet it gets by since an Airsoft gun isn't considered a replica under the law until proven to be a replica by a court. Also, I'm sure the legal system isn't going to go to all the trouble of trying to prove you haven't owned your gun since December 1st, 1998.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying this is why I've always thought of it that way. I'm sure we aquire our new airsoft guns through "Regulated circumstances".

Out of Sport. Have Fun!

Last edited by Nik12; July 27th, 2008 at 20:44..
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote