View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2008, 23:12   #20
Perhaps we could all penned a "coordinated" response. Sort of put our heads together and come up with a thoughful, insightful article that gives correct information about airsoft, but it also a direct rebuttal to that particular artcle.

I agree it should be written by someone that's been around for a while, but not based on post count. I have 1800 posts and been into airsoft less than a year now. That means nothing. But if someone who's been around for a while could write a "base article", and post it here, we could all have our say on it, fill any holes, catch any missed points, make corrections to inaccuracies, etc. Then we could put all that info into an edited, properly formatted article and present it to the Gazette, and the original author of the flawed article as a group of members from the airsoft community, and not just as an individual. That gives us a voice in numbers rather than it being just the opinion of an individual.

Yes, inviting him to an actual REAL airsoft event with lots of REAL players would be a good idea as well. It would give him both sides of the story. He saw the bad side of airsoft as practiced by kids who shouldn't be playing with these things without adult supervision in the first place (something he needs to be made aware of). Now he needs to see how it works from the good side.

But chances are, if he though softair guns sting and are "dangerous", I don't really see his opinion changing on that by playing with even more powerful guns....

Last edited by Crunchmeister; July 16th, 2008 at 23:16..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote