View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:52   #8
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
And I will ...

I spend allot of time and money going to games. I spend good money on gear. I spend time training with my mates. Between my military commitment (you know what that's like), my job, training in the US etc I usually get less than 5 days a year where I can get to a game/spend time with my wife/family.

When I go to a game, I EXPECT A FUCKING GAME. No some bullshit melodrama and constant handholding/spoonfeeding of mouth breathing miscreants.

When some cheating ASSHAT ruins my game because he is too excited to give a fuck, it's just plain rude, and it pisses me off enough to post up a thread like this. he has wasted my time, my money and my ability to play the game. Yes, it's just a game. But I put allot into it, and expect allot back. That's why I've started to attend private games, and themed Milsim events more. This shit doesn't happen.
I can certaintly understand that. I just find that at games where there are cheaters, I usually only encounter one or two, and I don't let it bother me. Maybe it's because I don't take airsoft quite so seriously as some others, but I figure I've put all this money into guns and gear and games that there is no way I'm going to let one asshat rob me of having fun. I just choose to put the responsibility of me having fun on me instead of the host.

How are the two different?

More to the point, I see hosts "lay down the law" at EVERY game. "Don't cheat" is a rule. "This is what you do if you encounter cheating" empowers people to solve their own problems.
Actually, I'm not really sure. I don't want to mention specific games, but I'm going to compare two of them here. Both had very specific rules on what to do if people were cheating. One was complicated, the other wasn't. The complicated one had lots of reported incidents of cheating, the other had pretty much none. I honestly can't say what the difference was. Maybe it was simply the crowed that was out to the game (one was smaller than the other as well, but both were large games).

No. I won't. Or they keep doing and end up ruining it for everyone. I give a shit, and am not that selfish. I want EVERYONE to have a good game and ignoring the issue lets it grow.
I didn't say ignore it though, I said don't let it distract you from the game. I know that's probably easier said then done. I still don't think tons of rules about how to deal with someone cheating will help. Like I said -if I encounter someone who cheats, they'll get a mag to the face if it really pisses me off. If it happens more then once, I'll report it. Neither distracts me from the game. Once I've reported it, the responsibility is on the host to deal with it. If I don't have fun from that point on, it's nobody's fault but my own. Yes, this is putting a lot on the host. But nobody ever said hosting a game was easy.

"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; July 15th, 2008 at 10:55..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote