View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008, 23:07   #127
Official ASC Bladesmith
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Seeing this word "Glorified" makes me think of a few things I'd like to bounce off you guys (gonna talk airsoft here):

* Snipers seem to be looked at in this way because of the confidence of doing their thing by themselves or with another, without being among a group or 6-12 guys for support. True?

* Snipers tend to work on, upgrade and tune their own guns, because a lot of the time it's the same thing as packing one's own parachute. Makes them much more in tune with the way their gun shoots, best ammo choices, etc. True?

* Snipers make their own ghillies, and set them up as they need to to work in certain areas. Possible admiration for lots of the skills involved with being a respectable sniper among peers?

* Patience: Too many players like the run and gun aspect, go to an area for the kills. Not always so for mil-sim players, but snipers can and tend to be rather mil-sim in the way the act, techniques and skills, rather than being skirmishers for the most part. True?

Am taking some shots in the dark largely, based upon what I've seen and heard, and what my impression is of others when around me (many hope and say so that they don't want to be in my sights, yet it's funny, in my modest opinion, I haven't gotten a shitload of kills with my rifle, the whole thing with me is largely overinflated legend based upon exagerated stories, but still, I show up at a field and it makes some on the other team neervous, and others on my team gald they aren't on the other team. I just have to show up really. Oh ya, it tends to be newer palyers that are in awe and fear, vets tend to be "Ya, ok, big deal". which is fine by me, better for me for them to forget I'm there), I'd like to hear from others what their view of being around someone that is rather good at sniping, seeing their gear and not seeing them out there but hearing the shit snipers can stir up on their own.

Any takers?

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; May 28th, 2008 at 23:14..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote