Thread: Business Idea
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2008, 14:03   #78
Epic MacPhail
aka Hitarosu
Send a message via MSN to Epic MacPhail
Originally Posted by daiviet View Post
yea I double checked my building code, 10 sqm. Essentially If you want to build anything larger than a toolshed you need a permit. Permits aren't too expensive to get depending on the size of the building. I think its roughly $1000 a permit for a 2500 sq foot building. The permit pays for the person to check the drawings and verify that everything meets code, and it also pays for the inspections they do.

Theres more permits such as electrical and plumbing, I don't think theres one for HVAC.

Hitarosu, don't take any offense to this but I think you should leave the CAD work to someone who has had more experience in designing and drawing full working drawings. Your enthusiasm for wanting to help others is great though
I completely understand where you're coming from on this issue, and I do not take any offense to it at all . I understand that I am still young and inexperienced, but I have the basics for CADing down on autoCAD at least, and it's gotten me interested in continuing my education towards these kinds of programs. I have been just leisurely playing around and messing around with different designs and shapes of buildings on the computers here at school. If they ever turn out to be anything interesting I'll throw them out to you dogs here, rip them until they work, lol
Epic MacPhail is offline   Reply With Quote