View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:16   #54
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
cause every nerd with an airsoft gun will trip over themselves to talk to her.

You couldn't have put it better dude. Usually a noob comes in, and people are jumping in to tear them a new asshole. The perfect example was "Lindsay" (whatever 'her' name was) who joined a couple of weeks ago. Her first post stating "Can you tell me X? I know the info is here, but I just don't feel like reading", and the thread quickly became 10 pages of people gushing over her (led by Ronan, who doubled his post count that day ), spoonfeeding her info, etc. Had this same noob been male or had undisclosed gender, people would have been hunting the said noob down with torches and pitchforks.

However, I will say that girl or not, Mia did things the right way. She joined, read, got info, did research, etc BEFORE posting and asking questions. By the time she asked, she already had a good foundation and her questions had merit. If every noob started like that, there would be little flaming going on in this forum. To me, that's what impresses me the most. She took the time to do research, read, etc before posting. I am impressed still.

And I know I don't need to trip over anything to talk to women. I play in a band. They usually trip over themselves to talk to me.