View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2008, 23:47   #96
The Saint
Originally Posted by Dog Face Killer View Post
With all due respect (im realy not trying to make any enemies here!!!) but if you read the CANLII links to the CBSA and CITT appeals cases, you would CLEARLY see that airsoft according to the CBSA and CITT are legal and a non issue if they meet the "over 400FPS" rule...period! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
No, you're seriously failing to understand what we've been trying to tell you. Do not trust the CITT, they're a panel of people who don't care about replica firearms beside saying no to them at appeals. Do not trust the RCMP "experts" at the appeals, they're only saying stuff that makes their job easy and CITT want to hear.

The reference to the 400+fps rule is not a law, just a pseudo-policy. That rule affords absolutely no legal protection, short of getting it in writing from multiple offices within the RCMP and CBSA. They have consistently rejected that. If called upon the 400+ rule, they can easily go, "oops, we meant over 500fps and 5.7J, sorry still no cigar".

If you read the very link you posted from the CBSA (the memo), it'd indicate that the official and publicized position is one based on the Canadian Criminal Code figure of over 500fps and 5.7J, with no mention of the 400+ rule. That's because the CBSA generally defers to the technical expertise (or there lack of) of the Canadian Firearms Centre on the issue. And as you can see from the CFC's own publicized position, there is nothing about the 400+ rule. There is only what is in the Canadian Criminal Code.
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote