View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:36   #53
Originally Posted by Dog Face Killer View Post
In the mean time policy is policy...they would need to change it if they ever decided the idea was a pain in the ass for them for some reason...but up till today, airguns are redly available at Canadian tire and other sporting stores nationwide. I cant see them totally banning airguns in Canada
They would ban airguns 1000 times beofre they'll relax policy to allow more "scary gun-looking things" into Canada, I promise you. I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with the CBSA Firearms Agent at the land entry at Portal on a couple of occasions. He (I won't mention his name) has a real hard-on for airsoft and sees it as his mission to remove them from Canada (he actually said this). When confronted with the law and CBSA policies, he actually said "I don't care. I'm king in my little world and can do whatever I want".

His reach extends from BC to Mantioba, this is why Alberta retailers avoided land entries for years and stuck to air shipments so they could enter at Calgary to a more receptive agent.

Now, if you think that the Canadian mentality is to allow more guns, you are sadly mistaken. I don't mean the menatlity of soccer-moms, but the unofficial, unposted policies of the CBSA, RCMP and the justice system. Try and fight what you don't know about, and you won't win. I've beaten the CBSA on seizures, but when I did, the slammed the door anyways on another technicality (and bad faith at that) that would have forced another appeal in Federal Court to resolve. The cost would not have been worth it, and the chance of winning would have been slim.
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote