View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2007, 01:30   #23
Dracheous
Lego Head

Stalker, just hire this guy. . . to train your BB's :P

"YOU WILL FLY! AND YOU WILL FLY STRAIGHT! AND YOU WILL NOT EAT DIRT UNTIL I TELL YOU TO! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME MAGGOT?!"

Wilson, the problem with upping the FPS after, is that you are now not field legal. The reason its standardized using .20's to chrony is so that the energy from each gun is measured to be roughly the same. A .43 traveling at 400FPS is going to do some serious damage. With my APS, if I fired a .43 point black at a piece of cedar ((was just a piece on the back my truck at the time)) at roughly 500fps((with.20s)) the .43 embeds itself into the wood, a little over half way. Have to always remember that really the restriction on FPS for airsoft is there to restrict impact energy so that the BB's are still felt, but not damaging to soft targets like skin :P.

Roughly speaking, a .25 is going to hit with the same energy as the .20 in the same gun, just the speed of it getting there changes, but the weight of the round makes up for this. Its not perfectly the same, but damned close enough you won't tell when it hits you.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote