Thread: Dr StrangeBB
View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:09   #71
Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I'm not proposing any policy making .. just an informal meeting around a table at TAC-08.. 30 minute discussion regarding where we want to go, what we want to do... how much.. and on what time line.

Anything that gets implemented has to be devoted to facilitating the indoctrination of new players.. and remedial action on problem players..the course of punitive action has to always be a last resort. I think that right now we are quick to write off players earlier than maybe we should.. or could if we had some remedial actions available.
the problem will always exist, no mater how much we control it, my question to ALL the organizers are why can't we curb the cheaters out??
I had a chance to play with an old teamate last year and this is in Hong Kong where they play with ridiculously high fps limit for indoors and outdoors, and rarely is there any arguments about cheating and these guys are mostly kitted out to the tits, i saw a guy playing with a replica level4 vest with foam inserts.

I certainly do not want to play with crazy fps aeg anymore i'm too old for that shit and i have done that trust me it gets very expensive, but i don't see a viable solution other than forcing players to go through some sort of training or certification program to play then maybe the rating system Scarecrow mention will work. by just simply banning players from organize games will only force them to go else where and spawned another group of potentially dangerous and irresponsible players without the benefit of the proper education of the game

"I am not big on complex governance or anything corporate. The simplier and more automatic we make they system, the better it will serve both hosts and players. I really like the idea of a system that lets me leverage information that say TTAC gets on participants that I can then become aware of when I host my next event. As it stands now its take 3 or 4 events for an asshat to generally come to the attention of all of us. The system I am proposing would identify problems earlier and hopefully let us intervene earlier and rescue what might be a good player who's just not 'getting it'."

totally agree on the above comment by Scarecrow but what we should concentrate first is how can we help those players to play the game as it was intended to be played
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote