View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:20   #16
Originally Posted by TrueTGN View Post
I wouldn't say I have the same thing, but maybe similar. Ive never been checked out by a doctor or been told what exactly is wrong with me but im not even 20 yet and I get severe lower back pain in my spine. Its been a gradual thing over the last year and never seems to get any better. Day in and day out I get aching and shooting pains down either side of my lower back and sometimes into my legs and its something ive come to live with now... and yes I need to get it checked out. You're right though, you get used to it and you carry on regardless.

But anyways back on topic, I surprisingly took the time to read that entire post Haggis and its a good read and keep goin!
You should definately get this checked out. It may (or may not be) sciatica, but medical science has given us a lot more tools to deal with these sorts of problems in the last couple of decades. A firm diagnosis is half the battle.

While I am a big supporter of chiropractic treatment, the appropriate diagnostic tree to a long back problem is GP first, then a referral to physiatrist or orthopod depending on what you GP thinks.

I never would have guessed man. You rock.

Nice peice of writing. A deal with tons of people with all types of chronic pain, and while they all suffer like you, not many of them are nearly as articulate about it.

When the elephants fight, it is bad for the grass. When the elephants make love, it is also bad for the grass.
Kenyan Proverb
Lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote