View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2007, 22:32   #28
Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
What's involved in getting a PAL? (I don't personally know anyone who has one, so I figure the best bet to get useful [read: real, and well... useful] information on this is to ask those of you who have one)

What's the cost? Length of course/test, what's involved in said course/test, and where would I go? (Hypothetically. I don't think I'm about to run out to get one anytime soon, but it's good to know, especially in light of where the sport could go in the future, and the contents of this thread) And in the future I wouldn't mind being able to go to the range and kill a day/target(x2...00, there's a range not far from Elmira)
What's involved in getting a PAL? Well you can take the weekend-long safety course offered through Ducks Unlimited as well as some other organizations. For the three of us that went to take it, we sat and listened to a three hour lecture on what to do and how to do it and how to properly handle and take care and store a firearm. We only took the unrestricted version though, although we COULD have done both at the same time as the questions on the test are nearly identicle.

In the end, I got 100% on my exam and 95% of the questions were simply common knowledge and things that people SHOULD know.

Cost: $30 for the class, $60 to send to the government.
Aquamarine is offline   Reply With Quote