View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2007, 16:27   #61
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I can see why now that this cant be discussed in an open public forum. Theres always going to be those 3 or 4 guys that are just going to keep repeating that this is illegal. Sadly these are mostly comprised of people who dont even play airsoft. They might be interested in the idea of playing airsoft. Maybe even own a gun or two but have no plans on playing the game. Then they come into all the game threads give their advice and opinions on what should and shouldnt go on at a game.
Please don't assume that I don't play airsoft. You don't even know me. Granted, I may not have as much experience as many people on this forum, but that doesn't revoke my entitlement to my opinion.

And if the subject comes up again in 5 or 6 months from now these people will be replaced with the new crowd of noobs who feel the need to berate us with the fact that this is illegal.

So unfortunately we could never have a constructive conversation on the topic.
Repeating that this is illegal is meant to deter conversation. A public forum isn't the best of places to discuss this sort of thing.

I tried to discuss it on our local airsoft forum and was shot down. I was frustrated at first but it makes sense. For one, someone looking to build an explosive device for malicious purposes could use some of the info presented here to make a larger scale device.

I should also point out that if Gryphon says this shouldn't be discussed, I'm definitely inclined to agree with him. If anyone's word has any weight on this topic, it's his.

Lastly, I never said these grenades shouldn't be used at games. I've been grenaded at games once or twice, and it was awesome. My argument is that the construction of these devices shouldn't be discussed openly like this. It's irresponsible. I'm all for discussion, I'm just saying this might not be the best place / medium to conduct this conversation.
Maverick0 is offline   Reply With Quote