View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2007, 15:42   #57
Hibernating Bear
Send a message via ICQ to DeathSniper Send a message via AIM to DeathSniper Send a message via MSN to DeathSniper Send a message via Skype™ to DeathSniper
I think the point some people are trying to bring up is that yes, while these "toys" are *supposed* (read - supposed) to and intended for 18+ use - they are often not and ARE in fact, marketed towards the young teenage adolescent age-group. I'm sure plenty of us have seen it in stores just lying around on the rack; while some stores may have it under lock and key, most do not. I've seen kids that I think are 13 or 14 buy it with no problem, and no one says a thing to them. While parents do take a certain responsibility over the kids, so does everyone up the chain with them - they need to put in the proper safeguards to REDUCE the amount of accidents/danger that the end consumer is exposed to. It's not fair, it's not 'right', but unfortunately it's the way it is...

There's a reason why there's so much "health-conscious" food being advertised today and why beer ads always display 'Don't drink and drive' and 'Use alcohol responsibly'...
Scarecrow - "old geezers like myself and Starlight"
- "senility prevents me from recognizing anyone except people who owe me money.."
Greylocks - "The heck with 'getting'. I am old."
SF - "Neal! You are the one!"
DeathSniper is offline   Reply With Quote