View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2007, 16:32   #50
Send a message via ICQ to redhawk_six Send a message via AIM to redhawk_six Send a message via MSN to redhawk_six
Originally Posted by Maverick0 View Post
Cortex, now you're just knit picking. From what I've read, silent_lemon knew there were availability issues with the PCS model of the gun he wanted. The fact that he didn't check if he got the PCS model when he received it and is only now trying to do something about it, AFTER trying to resell it, doesn't speak much for his credibility.

For example, when I purchased an expensive video card for my pc, when I finally did receive it, I made damn well sure it was the one I wanted. I didn't wait three months, try to sell it, then find out it wasn't the one I wanted because my buyer noticed for me.

Having dealt with A&A myself, I'm positive that if he hadn't waited 3 months to try and rectify the situation, he could have had this resolved in a manner satisfactory to both parties of the transaction.

Unless I read silent_lemon's posts incorrectly, it's his fault for only trying to take action this long after the transaction.

I'm not saying A&A didn't screw up, but silent_lemon screwed himself more so by waiting this long.
Okay, I have to say something...

Say for example, I find a retailer advertising gen 3 nvgs for cheap. I know gen 3s are hard to get, and not normally cheap, but the retailer is a trusted retailer in the community. So, I buy them. There are no markings on the box to indicate that they are not gen 3. I dont get a chance to try them out for a few months. When I do try them, I find out they're not gen 3, but gen 1. Now, following your logic, it's my fault? I'm sorry, that's just stupid.

A&A says on their site that they are selling the PCS version. How is it silent's fault that the rifle he got does not have pcs? Just because he didnt find out sooner? If it were a sale through the classifieds, then I'd say yes, he should've checked when he got it. But this wasnt a buy&sell ad from a player, it was a sale by a trusted retailer. He had every right to expect that A&A sent him the right gun. He shouldn't have to check the moment he gets it!

The basics facts:
A&A advertised the gun as having PCS.
A&A never informed him otherwise.
The gun does not have PCS, and therefore is not the gun he paid for.

Now sometime may have passed, but regardless, A&A does have a responsibility to do something here. They, though unintentionally, misrepresented their product. Retailers have a responsibility to ensure that the product sent to the customer is the product that was ordered. In this case, it was not. I would suggest exchanging the gun for either one with PCS, or for another gun of equal value.
Redhawk Six
Guns are meant to go bang, not bling!
Just say no to chrome guns.

New members click HERE