View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2007, 13:00   #27
Brian McIlmoyle
Originally Posted by Goldman View Post
Depending on the set up, I dont think its that un-feasable.

For kit owners, the price should be 25. But if you were to look at say the cost of an average day of paintball. (25 for kit rental, 7.50 per 100 balls x5 = 62.50 on average. Thus you could get away with a renter paying $50 for their kit-up.) Which comes into 25/day 175/wk paying customers, not including BB sales. If you were to incorporate corporate team building, and birthday parties, I don't think its that unreasonable....

Especially if you keep in mind that if the field is of good size, with good props, trustworthy parking and a decent location, you can see upwards of 35 players a game (depending on if the venue can hold that). Include something like a membership that is 300 a year, then $5 to walk on instead of 25... The math *could* work.

I agree that the math could work..It is not an impossible prospect.. even at the $25 a session level.

But you would need very strong traffic ... rentals would be the key ..Which likely means you would need to have a BFL as well..

The trick is to have enough backing to have funding for the 2 years it would take to build up the traffic to sustainablilty.

The place in MB uses a buy time in 45 minute chunks .. I thnk it is $15 / 45 minute chunk..
So for 4 hours play it would be $80

So at that price with the numbers I posted before you would need 20 payers a day .... to play 4 hour sessions.. and the whole thing becomes much more viable within the existing community. but it is a radical price point difference from the "paintball prices"

It is a mistake to compare paint ball field fees .. without including the average $ spent on extra paint... I think the average cost of a paintball session is much closer to the $80 price point .. in fact I expect the typical cost of a 4 hour paintball session is more in the $60 mark when you add rental and paint...
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote