View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2007, 20:29   #1
Flatlander

Send a message via MSN to Flatlander
Custom Airsoft Machining and Parts

I know of a machinist who is interested in doing custom machining for airsoft purposes (and probably anything else really). This would just be part time work for him (he is a full time machinist) but he is seriously considering starting up his own company with a friend of his and doing custom work full time if he gets sufficient business.

He has just finished making me a custom "Barrel Tube" for my MP5K which threads directly onto the gun. I've already got several more custom projects I plan to have him machine parts for me.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...ndsilencer.jpg

It is made from a solid piece of ABS (note: I have not yet painted it yet, hence the grey color) but will machine virtually any material requested/possible.

His rates are very reasonable. Example, my "Barrel Tube" cost me less than purchasing a production one and I was able to get the exact length and diameter I wanted with NO thread adaptors necessary.

His name is Andrew and his email is andrew.campbell@ualberta.ca. You can contact him directly and send him drawings to get quotes and ask questions.

Please note: Engineering drawings and standards are not necessary. However neatly drawn drawings with dimensions and all relavent info is needed. Example: He must not have to "guess" anything; tolerences are NOT needed on the drawings (unless precision is crucial), and specifics such as thread type (ie. NC), thread pitch and direction ARE required on your drawings so a little research may be needed.

You may also shoot me a PM with any questions you may have however I will NOT do any quoting for parts.

I have a bit of machine shop experience and have Engineering drawing training (I'm a Mechanical Engineering Student) so I have a good idea of what Andrew needs in his drawings.

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited by Flatlander; April 12th, 2007 at 19:10..
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote