View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2007, 16:44   #1
Diamond Dust Airsoft & their products

Diamond Dust Airsoft

I bought a CIRAS vest, a throat mic, and a couple other things from them over the last 4 months.

Everything came within 7 days. They have some of the best prices for the quality as far as I've seen. So I'm pretty happy with my new gear.

I might as well write a review of everything here...

CIRAS (replica): I've been carrying 4 M16 mags, Quansheng 5W Radio (1W low setting), M92 handgun, & MSR Waterbag. I weighed the vest and it's coming in at about 14.3 lbs with all my gear.

One thing, the shoulder pad's foam is quite hard. I just flipped the pads so the foam is facing outwards and that's been comfortable.

Throat Mic Headset: works great. Crystal clear incoming and outgoing. Only problem, it doesn't fit on ppl with a thin neck (don't how else to say that), namely, my girlfriend. So...your neck's gotta be pretty tiny for it to not seat right. The website says there's actually two microphones, one on each side of the neck piece, I tested it. For those of you that don't know why that's important, sometimes when you turn your head to the side, one side of the neck piece may lift off your throat and your headset will fail to pickup your voice.

I busted my earpiece (stepped on it while lifting my vest) and I e-mailed them and asked where I could get a new one because they don't sell the parts individually, they mailed me one for took a couple weeks, but, hey, it was free, didn't even charge for shipping.

The PTT switch 'could' be bigger. I've had instances where I couldn't push the PTT switch, but all in all I'm happy with it.

Firefox Lithium Batteries & Charger: crazy buddies in Hong Kong tempted me to try out lithium batts...they're amazing...Just as the site says, ROF goes crazy and they last a full day of play...all on about 30-40 mins charge time. My gun has been fine since the switch to lithium, 10+ games, I'll post if I find my gun has any problems due to the battery.

One Point Elastic Rifle Sling: elastic is strong enough to lift most rifles, I use an TM M4, G&P Metal Body, CA SD Front Kit, CA Crane Stock w/ 9.6V Battery. The one problem with these slings is that longer rifles such as M4's with silencers or M16's will hang really low. The sling isn't designed for those rifles. I only use it for my walk back from the field. I find the elastic sling more comfortable while walking with the rifle hanging and it works great for CQB with my MP5K.

Oh, their site has been slow lately and they don't have that many products. I guess those would be my complaints.

Last edited by dirtywonton; April 4th, 2007 at 02:42.. Reason: Grammatical Errors - Will add photos soon
dirtywonton is offline   Reply With Quote