Originally Posted by Hedonism Bot
Interesting because the Canadian firearms center FAQ states that any gun with a 'military appearance" is prohibited.
No it doesnt.
The Criminal Code
defines the following firearms as prohibited:
- automatics, including those that have been converted so that they can only fire one projectile when the trigger is squeezed;
- handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm (4.1 inches) or less, and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific models used in International Shooting Union competitions;.
- rifles and shotguns that have been altered so that their barrel length is less than 457 mm (about 18 inches) or their overall length is less than 660 mm (about 26 inches); or
- any firearm prescribed as prohibited – These can be found in the fact sheet listing restricted and prohibited firearms.
On Restricted Firearms: (http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/r&p_e.asp)
Firearms Prescribed as Restricted
This list of restricted firearms specified in the December 1, 1998 Criminal Code
regulations includes all firearms that have been restricted by a former Order in Council.
• The firearm of the design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it, including the:
- Colt AR-15;
- Colt AR-15 SPI;
- Colt AR-15 Sporter;
- Colt AR-15 Collapsible Stock Model;
- Colt AR-15 A2;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Carbine;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Rifle;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Target Rifle;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Carbine;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II;
- Colt AR-15 A2 H-BAR;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR;
- Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR Match;
- Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine;
- Armalite AR-15;
- AAI M15;
- EAC J-15;
- PWA Commando;
- SGW XM15A;
- SGW CAR-AR;
- SWD AR-15; and,
- Any 22 calibre rimfire variant, including the:
- Mitchell M-16A-1/22,
- Mitchell M-16/22,
- Mitchell CAR-15/22, and
- AP74 Auto Rifle.
This has nothing to do with firearms other than a box that looks like it MIGHT contain a firearm may be pulled out of the shipment, depriving you of your airsoft gun.