View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2007, 13:09   #16
Send a message via MSN to Gerkraz
Brian: I'm not saying that it's IDEAL, but while we're just sitting around waiting for people to "organize" (if that's even going to occur) then it can't hurt for me to write to my MP to voice my concerns.

The fact is that, when the ASCA shenanigans happened a while ago, there was a lot of serious talk going around; there seemed to be genuine interest in doing something about the airsoft situation in Canada. I myself have a political lobbying background; it's been something I've been doing for the francophone community in Newfoundland and Labrador since I was 14 (believe it or not). At the time ASCA stopped selling guns, I made it clear to the important parties that I was ready and willing to help in any way I could. I am *highly* interested, in case this wasn't clear already, in putting my experience to use in this matter. However, no one seems to be able to agree with what (if anything) needs to be said to the government, and no one seems to be willing to step up to the plate and spearhead a federal lobby.

So again, while I wait for the more experienced, well-known and older members of the community to start something, what else can I do, other than offer my assistance to them and personally write the people who I vote for to let them know how I feel?

If the Federal Government wants to ban airsoft, and if you disagree with them, why WOULDN'T you say anything? To me this doesn't make sense; this isn't how democracy works.

Need age verification in the St. John's, NL, area? Contact me.
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote