Thread: Petitions
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2007, 21:58   #31
Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Originally Posted by Bakes View Post
I read one post where one guy recommended that someone type up a letter that represents what we all want and everyone uses that letter to send to MP's. I agree, we dont need everyone sending their factless, uneducated letters off to the people higher up. Thats why this needs to be organized. And signed petitions that have 5000+ signatures hold more weight that just a letter with a few signatures. The petition thing is a good idea wether you want to believe it or not.
Oh and when you get that letter and petition with 5000 signatures, dont just send to one MP, get a big huge stack of brown envelopes and send a package off to every MP in the country.
Actually, if one MP recives a number of letters from within his constituency, he/she will pay far more attention to it, than a generic petition with 5000 signatures from all over the country. You have to appeal to the politicians sense of self preservation.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you. Maybe black mesa... THAT WAS A JOKE, ha ha, fat chance.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote