Just as a bit of a redirect, consider paintball. (I know, I know)
Paintball, especially speedball, has become a sport soccer moms can get behind. Why? Because:
- You're using markers, not guns.
- You're tagging, not killing.
- You're speedballing, not skirmishing.
- You're playing tournaments, not engagements/campaigns.
- You're wearing jerseys, not camo.
- You're on a three-man team, not a fireteam.
...and so on.
I mean, it's true paintball has changed a lot over the years, but a LOT of this change is ONLY a change in terminology.
Now, I can see NO drawbacks to any change in terminology referring to airsoft. We all get to play the same game, but we just call it something a little different.
"But I don't want to be a LARPer!!"
Boo-fucking-hoo. We're all LARPers. From the moment we put on our camo, use our replica guns, etc, we're all playing a role that is not us, in live action.
Need age verification in the St. John's, NL, area? Contact me.