View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2006, 16:58   #1
Halloween is coming! Stonewalls Horror movies with a military theme.

Okay. Halloween is just around the corner. No better time of year than to pull out the ol Halloween Horror favourites. I'm going to list prior and up to Halloween personal favourites with a military theme. Here's my current #1 pic.

Dog Soldiers, 2001, British Made.

Did not get wide distribution in North America and actually didn't make it to the theatres, coming from England in DVD. However, the DVD reviews were very good to excellent. Personally, I loved it. The teenagers in the family loved it. Showed it to all their friends who also loved it. Instant cult classic.

Generally, what makes this work is that you don't always see what it is. A "psychological thriller", so to speak. You decide.

Here's what is on the box:

"A band of soldiers (British) is dispatched to war games deep in the woods. When they stumble across a rival team slaughtered in camp, they realize they're not alone. Something deadly is waiting in the darkness: Something not animal and not human. Holed up in an abandoned farmhous4e, the soldiers start a bloody battle against the beasts. Dawn is only a few hours away but they may not live to see it. Dog Soldiers is a terrifying chiller in the tradition of Predator and An American Werewolf in London."

(gee almost sounds like doing the MILSIM with the "Wolfpack" in Bracebridge last weekend.)

Where can you get it? Blockbuster or Jumbo. Usually less than $10. A good buy or rent.

Next two movies: "The Bunker" (WWII), "Dead Birds" (Civil War supernatural).

Recommendations of favourites welcome. Always looking for the one's I missed. Only one criteria, has to have a military connection.

Enjoy, Stonewall.
Stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote