View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2006, 14:33   #13
Kedirkin

The non-sequitir comments in this thread aside, I still haven't seen an answer to the question of what such an initiative is trying to accomplish.

Adreniline Junky had started this thread with the comment, "with all the proposed bans and rumored [sic] raids going around, it might be time to look at a new way to police our community, which would show the government [sic] that they don't need to ban the resale of our guns. and stop us from playing."

However, it still isn't clear to me how, even if we could implement an iron-clad age verification system using ASC or some other message forum as the means to do so in co-operation with the known retailers, how we would accomplish the goal of, "[showing] the goverment [sic] that they don't need to ban the resale of our guns. and stop us from playing."

We had found in the past that our online message forums capture only a very small portion of the airsoft community, and in cases where there has been misuse of airsoft in some way, it's almost never someone from our community. In fact, I can only recall one incident where that was the case.

Again, if people really want to help the situation, and I appreciate the sentiment that they do, I had provided my thoughts on doing so in another thread.

KD